Oracle announced in December 2019 its Spatial and Graph features are now included without additional licensing costs for Oracle databases. This means application developers now have low-cost access to powerful geolocation, routing, and mapping capabilities – a welcome addition for any Application Express (APEX) application that previously shied away from implementing those features.
This session demonstrates a real-life use case – handling the changing demands of a modern election campaign, including managing widely-dispersed volunteers and voters, using geolocation for merchandise distribution, and identifying “flippable” voters with ML and analytics – through a mobile-capable APEX application.
- APEX, Machine Learning, and Spatial & Graph: A Perfect Pairing
- Applying ML Algorithms to Find Voters of Interest
- Using Web Source Modules (WSMs) to Gather External GeoCoding Data Efficiently
- Creating Efficient Delivery Routes for Volunteers Via GIS Features
- Leveraging APEX Plug-Ins for Mapping
The attendee will learn:
- How APEX, ML, and Spatial & Graph features make for efficient mapping and routing problem-solving
- How Web Source Modules and APEX_EXEC offer access to external data sources without ever downloading a single file
- How SDO_GEOMETRY features make short work of routing, geolocation, and mapping